July 2019 One liner Current Affairs LATEST NEWS
CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM 28 JUNE 2019 TO 28 JULY 2019
- Who won the men’s title at the 2019 Wimbledon tennis tournament?
- Who has been adjudged player of the tournament at the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup?
- Pardeep Singh, who has created a new Commonwealth record in the clean and jerk category, is from which state?
- Which Indian woman wrestler has won gold in the 53kg category at Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul?
- Which state has become the first Indian state to have water policy?
- Which Indian movie has won the Best Feature Film award at the 2019 SAARC film festival?
- Which state government has observed the first-ever Save Water Day on 12th July?
- Who has been appointed the new Governor of Himachal Pradesh?
- Hussain Muhammad Ershad, who passed away recently, was the former military dictator of which country?
- The Spektr-RG space telescope is a joint venture of which of the following countries?
Answer:Russia & Germany
- Which Bollywood personality is set to be honoured with honorary doctorate by Melbourne’s La Trobe University?
Answer:Shah Rukh Khan
- Which Indian surgeon has been conferred the Honorary Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Thailand?
Answer:P Raghu Ram
- Which of the following NBFCs has become the first NBFC to get $100 million loan from AIIB for Green Energy Funding?
Answer:L&T Finance Holdings
- Who won the women’s title at the 2019 Wimbledon tennis tournament?
- Which state has become the first Indian state to get fund through World Bank’s climate resilience program?
- Which former SC Judge of India has been appointed as an International Judge of the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC)?
Answer:Arjan Kumar Sikr
- The Kasarkod beach is located in which state?
- The researchers at which Indian institute have developed technology to pack microbial strains in tiny capsules?
Answer:Indian Institute of Spices Research (IISR), Kozhikode
- What is the theme of 2019 edition of World Youth Skills Day (WYSD)?
Answer:Learning to learn for life and work
- Which Indian organisation has published the first comprehensive census of orchids of India “Orchids of India : A Pictorial Guide”?
Answer:Botanical Survey of India
- Who has been selected for Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships in the field of performing arts?
- Ursula von der Leyen, who has been elected as the European Commission’s first female president, is from which country?
- Swarup Dutta, who passed away recently, was the veteran actor of which regional cinema?
- The researchers at which University have developed a low-cost filter to remove arsenic from water?
- Which state / UT government has launched “Happiness Utsav” in its schools?
- Vijayveer Sidhu is associated to which sports?
- The International Shark Awareness Day (ISAD) is observed on which date?
- From which city, the first-ever international commercial flight from Madhya Pradesh has launched?
- Which Indian organisation has decided to develop the Broadband Readiness Index (BRI) for Indian States and Union Territories (UT)?
- The Markandeshwar temple is located on the bank of which river in Maharashtra?
- Which state government has raised financial aid for Martyrs’ Kin to Rs.1 crore?
- Which country has become the 76th signatory country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework Agreement?
- Which Indian woman sprinter has won gold in the 200m race at “Tabor Athletics”?
- Which Indian Government campaign has won the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award 2019 in the “Marketing – Primary Government Destination” category?
Answer:Find the Incredible You
- Who is the author of the book “Kargil: Untold stories from the War”?
Answer:Rachna Bisht Rawat
- Which Indian organisation has introduced web-based application system for contribution from Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS)?
- Which Indian woman cricketer has been conferred the 2018 Arjuna Award?
- The Union Cabinet has approved Inter-Institutional Agreement between India and which country for 3D bioprinting & regenerative medicine?
- The 2019 World Day for International Justice (WDIJ) is observed on which date?
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared Ebola outbreak as global health emergency in which African country?
- Which Indian cricketer has been inducted into ICC Hall of Fame?
- Which state / UT Cricket Association has been granted the status of a Full Member of the BCCI?
- Paramarsh scheme is associated to which union ministry?
Answer:Ministry of HRD
- What name has been given to the recently launched UGC Guide to Student Induction Programme (SIP)?
- On which date, the Nelson Mandela International Day (NMID) is observed?
- Motihari- Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline project, sometimes seen in news, is connected to India & which country?
- The ‘Medicine from the Sky’ is the pilot project of which state government?
- ICC has suspended which country’s Cricket Federation with immediate effect for breach of constitution?
- Which Indian golfer has won the FCG Callaway Junior world Golf Championship 2019?
- Which state / UT police has launched the new e-challan system for the use of Traffic Police?
- The 10th Jagran Film Festival (JFF-2019) has started in which city?
- The Andhra Bank has partnered with which company to launch AI chatbot “ABHi”?
- Which former Indian athlete has been nominated for IAAF Veteran Pin?
- The 5th International Police Expo 2019 was held at which city?
- Prithu Gupta is associated to which sports?
- The Indian women team has defeated which team to won Gold at the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship 2019?
- The 2019 Durand Cup is slated to be held in which state?
- The scientists of which country have developed a concept named Ramanujan Machine?
- Which section of the Wildlife Protection Act of 1972 empowers the states to send a list of wild animals to the Centre requesting it to declare them vermin for selective slaughter?
- The AIFF Golden Baby Leagues handbook 2019-20 is associated to which sports?
- Who is the author of the book “War over Words: Censorship in India, 1930-1960”?
- Which UT / state has decided to introduce Bi-cycle sharing scheme?
- Arinjeeta Dey, who won silver in 2019 World Youth Cup, is from which state?
- Reliance Jio has partnered with which social media platform for its Digital Udaan?
- Which public sector bank has set up a centralized hub Cen-MARG to process retail and MSME loans?
Answer:Punjab & Sind Bank
- Which Indian manufacturing plant has been included in the WEF’s Global Lighthouse Network (GLN)?
Answer:Tata Steel Kalinganagar
- India’s first design development centre ‘Fashionova’ has recently launched in which of the following cities?
- The Kargil Tribute Song has been composed by which noted Hindi lyricist?
- Who is the current chief of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)?
Answer:Anil Manibhai Naik
- What is the theme of 2019 edition of International Co-operative Day (ICD)?
Answer:Coops 4 Decent Work
- Which state government has decided to produce its own seeds under brand name Sah-Beej?
- Who has been appointed as Head of Cricket at the National Cricket Academy (NCA)?
- Budj Bim Cultural Landscape is located in which country?
- The Asia’s first Six Sigma Institute of Mountain Medicines and High Altitude Rescue is set to come up in which Indian state?
- The term Utkarsh 2022 in news is related to which organization?
- Which new method has been identified for predicting monsoon?
- Which new section has been inserted in the SEBI Act to act against entities that tamper or destroy electronic databases?
- Which place in Kerala is slated to be home of India’s first elephant rehabilitation centre?
- India’s first cow sanctuary is located in which district of Madhya Pradesh?
- The Union Government has launched which human atlas initiative for holistic understanding of human body?
- Who has become the first Indian sprinter to win Gold in the 100m event at the 30th World University Games (WUG-2019)?
- The famous Kataragama temple is located in which country?
- The Skill development training programme for jail inmates has started in which district of Assam?
- Who has been adjudged as the AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year 2019?
- Which state government has recently implemented Center’s Witness Protection Scheme (WPS)?
- Who has been appointed as the new chief of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)?
- Who has been appointed CMD of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)?
Answer:Pravin Kumar Purwar
- The Amrabad Tiger Reserve (ATR) is located in which state?
- The Plan Bee, which won the Indian Railways ‘s Best Innovation Award, is associated to which railway zone?
Answer:Northeast Frontier Railway
- The 2019 Women Startup Summit (WSS) is scheduled to be held in which city?
- Prasar Bharati has signed MoU with which IIT for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies?
- On which date, the 2019 edition of World Population Day (WPD) is observed?
- Who has been sworn-in as the new Prime Minister of Greece?
- Which Indian movie has won the NETPAC Award for Best Asian Film at the 23rd Bucheon Film Festival 2019?
- Under whose chairmanship, the 2nd India-Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue (IRSED) was held in New Delhi?
- Under which section of UAPA act of 1967, the Government of India (GoI) has banned Sikhs for Justice (SFJ)?
- Which European country has decided to impose a green tax on plane tickets from 2020?
- Which pharmaceutical company has become the India’s first company to launch Romiplostim to treat chronic ITP?
- The Prosecco hills is located in which country?
- Which IT company has partnered with AICTE to equip students with career skills?
- Which Indian weightlifter has won Gold in 81 kg category at the 2019 Commonwealth Championships in Apia?
- Who has been appointed as Secretary of Overseas Indian Affairs?
- Which is the India’s most expensive office location , as per Commercial Real Estate Services (CBRE)’s latest survey?
- The Operation Thirst has been launched by which Indian organisation?
- Which international organisation has released the 2019 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
- The Residential Asset Price Monitoring Survey (RAPMS) has been conducted by which Indian organisation?
- Who has been elected as the new President of the European Parliament?
- Which state government has announced Rs 10k monthly allowance for Padma Shri awardees?
- The first-ever Global Conference for Media Freedom was held in which city?
- The Film Division of India (FDI) has launched a documentary film club “KSHITIJ” in which city?
- The Asia’s largest solar Power project is located in which district of Madhya Padesh?
- Who has been appointed as MD & CFO of the World Bank (WB)?
- Anthony Amalraj is associated to which sports?
- M J Radhakrishnan, who passed away recently, was the renowned film maker of which regional cinema?
- The first-ever Himalayan states’ conclave is slated to be held in which state?
- Which Indian organization has collaborated with Ministry of Health to conduct largest pan-India oral health survey?
- The rare footage of 1948 film Vande Mataram has become part of NFAI. The film was directed by whom?
- The researchers of which country have found that Electronic cigarettes damage brain stem cells?
- The Agri-Business Incubation Centre in Raipur has been set up under which central scheme?
- The 2019 Kharchi Puja Festival has celebrated in which state?
- Veer Chotrani is associated to which sports?
- Who is the current director of Intelligence Bureau (IB)?
- Which state government has launched free crop insurance scheme for farmers?
Answer: West Bengal
- Abburi Chaya Devi, who passed away recently, was the famous fiction writer of which language?
- What is the theme of the 2019 edition of World Vitiligo Day (WVD)?
Answer:The Quality of Life of a Vitiligo Patient
- Who is the new Managing Director of National Housing Bank (NHB)?
Answer:Sarada Kumar Hota
- Mohammed Baji, who passed away recently, was the eminent freedom fighter of which state?
- What is the theme of the 13th National Statistics Day (NSD-2019)?
Answer:Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Who has become the first IPS Officer to complete ‘Seventh Summit’ Challenge?
- Which Indian politician has authored the book titled ‘The New Delhi Conspiracy’?
- Which state government has launched Dastak campaign against AES & JE disease?
Which city is hosting the first-ever ISA’s joint security exercise “ISALEX19”?
Answer: Abu Dhabi
- STRIDE, which is in news recently, is associated to ?
Answer:To boost research culture
- On which date, the 2019 edition of International Olympic Day (IOD) is observed?
- The first-ever India International Cooperatives Trade Fair (IICTF) will be held in which city?
- Which district administration of J&K has launched ‘Operation Khumaar’ to make 312 panchayats tobacco-free?
- Santosh Rana, who passed away recently, was the veteran leader of which political party?
- Who is the author of the book ‘A Prime Minister to Remember- Memories of a Military Chief’?
- The 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship will be hosted by which state?
- India has inked Rs 200 crore defence deal with which country for ‘Strum Ataka’ anti-tank missile?
- Which water conservation campaign has been launched by Central Government?
Answer:Jal Shakti Abhiyan
- On which date, the 2019 edition of International Day of the Tropics is observed?
- Which country has officially resumed commercial whaling?
- Which butterfly species has been officially declared as state butterfly of Tamil Nadu?
- Indo-French Joint Air Exercise “Garuda-V” has started in which site?
- Which Indian scientist has been selected as the Co-Investigator for NASA’s PUNCH mission?
- Jaya Arunachalam, veteran social activist has passed away. She was from which state?
- Which public sector bank has signed MoU with NIIF to boost capital availability for infrastructure projects?
- Which Indian personality has been elected as a member of International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
- Impressed tortoise, which is in news recently, is discovered in which state?
- The first UIDAI-run Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK) operational in which city?
Answer:Delhi & Vijayawada
- Where is the headquarters of Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) is located?
- Who is the author of the autobiography ‘Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly”?
- The 2nd edition of International Day of Parliamentarism (IDP-2019) was observed on which date?
- Who has been elected new chairman of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN)?
Answer:Manoj Kumar Nambiar
- Who is the head of the RBI committee to strengthen Core Investment Companies (CIC) framework?
- What is the rank of the Indian passport at the 2019 Henley Passport Index?
- Who is the head of the high-powered committee of Chief Ministers (CMs) to transform Indian agriculture?
- Babu Narayanan, who passed away recently, was the popular filmmaker of which regional cinema?
- Ambati Rayudu, who recently retired from all forms of cricket, is from which state?
- Dragonfly mission, which is in news to explore Saturn’s Moon Titan, is associated to which space agency?
- Which state government has launched toll-free CM helpline 1076?
- Which Indian sprinter has won gold in women’s 200 m at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland?
- The world’s largest burn and plastic surgery institute Institute has started functioning in which city?
- Which international organisation has recently released its report ‘Working on a Warmer Planet”?
- What is the theme of the 2019 edition of UN MSME Day?
Answer:Big Money For Small Business: Financing the SDGs
- Which railway zone has commissioned the longest electrified tunnel in Indian Railways?
Answer:South Central Railway
- Which Indian business leader will receive 2019 Global excellence awards from US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)?
- Who is the author of the book ‘Whispers of Time’?
- Where is the headquarters of National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR)?
- The scientists of India and which country have identified a new gene linked to schizophrenia?
- MOSAiC mission, which is in news recently, is a year-long expedition into which ocean?
- Which city of Rajasthan has recently declared UNESCO World Heritage site?
- The Government of India (GoI) has signed pact with which tech company for pilot study on using AI in Agriculture?
- On which date, the 2019 edition of National Doctor’s Day (NDD) is celebrated in India?
- Damnganga-Pinjal river inter-linking project, sometimes seen in news, is associated to which state?
- Ikram Ali Khil, who broke Sachin Tendulkar’s rare World Cup record, is from which country?
- Which state has topped the NITI Aayog’s 2019 AMFFR Index?
- The Athi Varadar festival has started in which state?
- Which ancient site of Iraq has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site?