BIHAR CURRENT AFFAIRS TILL APRIL 2018
FOR BPSC BIHAR , BSSC BIHAR , SI BIHAR , CONSTABLE BIHAR , SSC
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS OF BIHAR
Bihar Government Launches ‘Nasha Mukt’ State Campaign
- The state Government of Bihar led by Nitish Kumar launched a ‘Nasha Mukt’ (Addidction- Free) State Campaign on January 21, 2017 with the formation of world’s largest human chain across the state.
- The move aims towards making the state free from intoxicating substance and tobacco products.
- Over two crore people participated in human chain including teachers and students of schools and colleges. The human chain that lasted for 45 minutes and was 11,292 km in length covering all panchyats and blocks of the
Mega Festival on 350th Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti Organized in Patna
The 350th Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti was celebrated across the world on January 5, 2017.Marking the occasion, a huge festival known as Prakash Utsav also known as Prakash Parv has been organized in Patna, Bihar– the birth place of the Guru.
The festival which is celebrated every year in Patna is attended by nearly 5 lakh devotees each year. The festival has been organized at the city’s iconic, sprawling Gandhi Maidan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the Prakash Utsav, which marks the 350th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind
- A makeshift Gurudwara has been set up at Gandhi Maidan. The Holy Gurugranth Sahib has been installed in view of Prakash Parv
Commemorative Postage stamp
Prime Minister Modi released a commemorative postage stamp to mark the occasion of 350th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.
World’s first gender literature fest to be held in Patna
- The world’s first ‘Gender Literature Festival’ is scheduled to be held in Patna, Bihar in the second week of April, 2017
- Aim : To create a platform, to exchange ideas, and to share and learn experiences of renowned people in the field of gender
- This festival will be organised by Gender Resource Centre of Bihar’s Women Development
Bihar Forms 11,292 km Human Chain to Eliminate Alcohol
- Bihar formed the world’s largest human chain in the state on January 21, 2017 by holding hands of each other in order to express unity and support towards liquor
- The human chain was about 11,292 km comprising of two crore
- The 45-minute-long human chain formation was inaugurated at the
historic Gandhi Maidan by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar by holding the hand of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on one side and state Legislative Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Chaudhary on the other