BIHAR CURRENT AFFAIRS TILL APRIL 2018
FOR BPSC BIHAR , BSSC BIHAR , SI BIHAR , CONSTABLE BIHAR , SSC
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS OF BIHAR
Bihar’s Technical Move – Free Wifi For Students
- As Indian government is trying to digitize the whole of India through DIGITAL INDIA campaign, Bihar state made a good move to help this by providing free-Wifi for
- This move is to provide free- zones in colleges and universities which will be helpful for the student
- It is launched by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on the occasion of Bihar Divas
- It is the part of seven decisions of the Grand Alliance government in Bihar to promote governance.
Government Establishes Banana Research Centre in Vaishali District of Bihar
The Union Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh laid the foundation stone of the Banana Research Centre at Gorole, Vaishali, Bihar Centre on March 11, 2017 to fulfill the aspirations of the local banana growers.
2017 International Buddhist Conference Held in Bihar
The three days International Buddhist Conference was held at the Rajgir International Convention Center (RICC) of NavNalanda Mahavira Deemed University, Rajgir, Bihar from March 17-19, 2017.
- The conference was inaugurated by His Holiness, The Dalai Lama jointly with the Minister of Culture and Tourism, Mahesh Sharma by lighting a ceremonial lamp.
- The event was organized by Ministry of Culture and Nava Nalanda Mahaviahra Deemed University.
- Theme: The main theme of the conference was: Buddhism in the 21st Century – Perspectives and Responses to Global Challenges and
Key Highlights of the Conference
The three day conference saw the participation of over 1000 Buddhist delegates from 35 countries including Sri Lanka, Burma, Taiwan, Thailand, Bangladesh, Uganda, representing both the Sanskrit and Pali traditions.
- One of the main highlight of the conference was the release 41-volume of the Pali Tripitaka by His Holiness the Dalai lama, reprinted by the Nava Nalanda University in Devanagri
- Besides, he also inaugurated the Nava Nalanda University’s new department of the Buddhist Science, first of its kind in
G20 Meet of Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors Began in Germany
The two day G20 finance ministers and central bank governors meet began in Baden- Baden, Germany on March 17, 2017.
- Focus: the meeting will focus on strengthening economic resilience in finance, digitalization and promote investment in
Key Highlight of the Meet
The meetings between finance ministers and central bank governors will provide a preliminary discussion platform ahead the G20 Summit of heads of state and
government, which will be held in Hamburg on July 7-8, 2017.
- This is the first global gather to discuss economic challenges since Donald Trump took over as the US President in January 2017. The gathering will help to set the tone for international commerce and
- The focus of the meeting will be on the final statement issued jointly by the finance ministers on the concluding day of the meeting on March 18,
President Appoints New Chief Justices in MP, Patna, Kerala, Chattisgrah, Jharkhand HCs The President of India, ShriPranab Mukherjee announced the appointment of new Chief Justices in the state of Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Patna and Jharkhand High
Courts on March 10, 2017.
Patna High Court: Justice Rajendra Menon, Judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court, to be the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.