BIHAR CURRENT AFFAIRS TILL APRIL 2018
FOR BPSC BIHAR , BSSC BIHAR , SI BIHAR , CONSTABLE BIHAR , SSC
AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS OF BIHAR
Bihar sets up court for prohibition cases
A Bihar government has set up a special court for speedy trial for those cases which are registered against violation of the law.
- The judge of the Special court has been appointed to Justice Trilokinath Tiwari.
- This court will hear Prohibition cases only of Patna A first special court has been set up in Patna civil court.
Former Bihar minister Narsingh Baitha is dead
Former Bihar Minister Narsingh Baitha died in Patna after prolonged illness. He was 100 years old and is survived by a son and five daughters. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has announced that his cremation would take place with state honour.
- Baitha was elected MLA for three times from Bagha reserved seat since
- Later, he represented Sikarpur reserved seat in West Champaran in the state Legislative Assembly in 1985.
- He was minister in Congress government headed by Daroga Prasad Rai and Jagannath Mishra.
Bihar’s Nalanda model of water conservation chosen for national award
Water conservation model, ‘Project Jal Sanchay’ in Nalanda district of Bihar has been selected for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (MGNREGP), by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Check dams were created and traditional Aahar-Pyne irrigation system and traditional water bodies were desilted and
- A parallel campaign to create awareness about rainwater harvesting was also carried
Bihar Governor Ram NathKovind resigns
Bihar Governor Ram NathKovind has resigned from the governor post of Bihar.
- The resignation follows his nomination as the ruling NDA’s presidential
- West Bengal Governor KeshariNathTripathi will discharge the functions of the Governor of Bihar.
Nalanda varsity to collaborate with South Korean Institute
The Nalanda University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with South Korea’s Academy of Korean Studies for academic cooperation.
- According to the university officials, Nalanda University Vice Chancellor Professor Sunaina Singh and Professor Shin Jong Won, Vice President Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) has signed Memorandum of Understanding for academic linkages and collaborations in Patna.
- The MoU will be in effect for five years.