MADHYA PRADESH CURRENT AFFAIRS TILL APRIL 2018
for mppsc mppcs prelims vyapam patwari mpsi mp si and other Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh government to set up Tourism Board
Shivraj Singh Chouhan lead by Madhya Pradesh government has decided to constitute Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board for expansion of facilities at tourist spots and draw investment in the sector.
About the Board :
- MP Tourism Board would be a non-profit company and will be registered under the Companies Act
- The board will take all responsibilities mentioned under Tourism Policy-2016. Board Members :
- Chairman : Shivraj Singh Chouhan & Deputy chairman: Tourism minister of the state
- Directors: Chief Secretary and principal secretaries of finance, forests, urban development, environment and culture departments
Mil Banche Programme held in all Government Schools of Madhya Pradesh
- An initiative by the government of Madhya Pradesh, “Mil Banche MP” (Let MP read together) programme was held in all the primary and middle government schools of the Madhya Pradesh on February 18, 2017 to increase knowledge and the understanding about language among .
- Under the programme, all the district administrators, government officials, public representatives, college students, retired officials, businessmen, media persons, doctors, engineers, sports persons and including common man will teach and interact with students of all government schools of the
- .As a part of the programme, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan also visited the Sanjay Gandhi Middle School in Bhopal where he had studied during his
The Union Cabinet Approves Establishment of Food Legumes Research Platform (FLRP) at Amlaha, Sehore, Madhya Pradesh
The Union Government chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on February 15, 2017
approved setting up of Food Legumes Research Platform (FLRP) at Amlaha, Sehore in Madhya Pradesh for meeting the emerging food security challenges.
· FLRP would be set up by the by International Center for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas (ICARDA) with satellite hubs in West Bengal (for pulses) and Rajasthan (for natural resource management).
· The Cabinet has also approved signing of lease deed with Madhya Pradesh government for the land provided by them (70.99 hectare, 175.42 acre) at Amlaha Farm, Sehore on land rent of Re 1 per acre per year for 30 years on lease and to further lease it to ICARDA to establish the FLRP in the state.
· Besides, the cabinet gave in principle approval for conferring an international status on the Food Legume Research Platform of ICARDA as contemplated in Clause 3 of the United Nations (Privileges and Immunities) Act, 1947.
Khajuraho Dance Festival Starts in Madhya Pradesh
i. The Khajuraho Dance Festival kicked off at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh from February 20, 2017. The seven day festival will conclude on February 26, 2017.
ii. The dance festival is conducted every year by the Madhya Pradesh Kala Parishad.
iii. This cultural festival showcases various Indian classical dance styles such
as Kathak, Bharathanatyam, Odissi, Kuchipudi, Manipuriand Kathakali with performances of some of the best exponents in the field.
2-Day South Asian Speakers’ Summit Begins In Indore
i. The two-day South Asian Speakers’ Summit was inaugurated by LokSabha Speaker SumitraMahajan in Indore, Madhya Pradesh on February 18, 2017
ii. Speakers of six countries includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Nepal attended the meeting to deliberate on ways to achieve sustainable development goals.
iii. The summit will have a plenary session on ‘Identifying Resources for SDGs Implementation in South Asia: Opportunities for Parliamentary Cooperation’
iv. A working session on ‘Gender Equality As A Critical Factor For Sustainable Development’ will discuss opportunities that the SDGs present to strike a better gender balance and to determine the gender impact of sustainable development policies.
v. This will conclude with the adoption of an ‘Indore Declaration‘ at a closing ceremony on February 18, 2017
Former MP Jambuvantrao Dhote passes away
i. Former Nagpur MP and firebrand leader Jambuwantrao Dhote passed away at Yavatmal, Maharashtra on February. He is Dhote is Popularly known as “Lion of Vidarbha” because he always stood for the cause of separate Vidarbha
- He was also a legislator for two terms from Yavatmal district. Ge started his political career with the Forward Bloc and later moved to the Congress in the late 70s before joining the Shiv Sena.