MADHYA PRADESH CURRENT AFFAIRS TILL APRIL 2018
for mppsc mppcs prelims vyapam patwari mpsi mp si and other Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Presents 2017-18 Budget, Announces Deendayal Rasoi Yojna for Poor The Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Jayant Malaiya presented Rs.1,85,564.27 crore Budget for 2017-2018 in the state Assembly on March 1, 2017.
- The minister estimated the net expenditure to be Rs 1,69,954.46 crore with a revenue surplus of Rs 4596.40 crore for 2017-18.
Deendayal Rasoi Yojna
- The Minister announced Deendayal Rasoi Yojna and allocated a sum of Rs 10 crore for creating necessary infrastructure to implement the scheme in order to provide food at subsided rate to the poor in urban
- The Year 2017 is the birth centenary year of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya and will be celebrated as ‘Garib Kalyan Varsh’.
iii .To mark the occasion, ‘Deendayal Rasoi Yojna’ is being launched in selected urban areas of the state.
- The state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced to provide the meal to the poor for Rs 5 initially in four major listed
- The funds for the scheme will be arranged through the donations received from corporate sector under Corporate Social
i. Education: Rs 19,872.89 crore
ii. Energy Sector: Rs 16801.62 crore
iii .Rural Development: Rs 14387.50 crore
iv .Urban Development: Rs 11489.03 crore
v. Public Works Department: Rs 8576.17 crore
vi. Pension to unemployed widows: Rs 1,501 crore
vii. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan; Rs. 600 crore
viii. Subsidy to MP residents for pilgrimage to Kailash Mansarovar hiked from Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000.
ix. An amount of Rs 102-crore was allocated for the plantation and horticulture work on the banks of river Narmada.
x. Rs 10 crore was allocated for setting up a ‘Vedant Peeth’ at Omkareshwar as a mark of respect to Adiguru Shankaracharya.
xi .In addition, a ‘Vir Bharat Nyas’ will be set up with an initial provision of Rs 9 crore to preserve the memories of martyrs.
xii. In an effort to improve e-governance infrastructure, Rs 25 crore was assigned for the expansion of state data centre.
Tribal festival ‘Bhagoria’ Begins in Jhabua
i. Bhagoria Festival, also known as Bhagoria Haat Festival, celebrated by the tribal people of the Indian state Madhya Pradesh began on March 6, 2017 in Jhabua district
ii. The festival which has been organized at 34 places in the state is celebrated in the month of March before the Holi Festival by the local tribes called Bhils and Bhilalas.
President Appoints New Chief Justices in MP, Patna, Kerala, Chattisgrah, Jharkhand HCs The President of India, ShriPranab Mukherjee announced the appointment of new Chief Justices in the state of Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Patna and Jharkhand High
Courts on March 10, 2017.
Madhya Pradesh High Court: Justice Hemant Gupta, Judge of the Patna High Court appointed to be the Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
World’s Oldest Plant-Like Fossils Found In India
i. Scientists from Swedish Museum of Natural History have found two kinds of fossils resembling red algae in uniquely well-preserved sedimentary in Chitrakoot, Madhya Pradesh
ii. One type is thread-like, the other one consists of fleshy colonies.This algae is 1.6 billion years old which will be the oldest evidence of plant-like life found on the Earth.
iii. The Indian fossils are 400 million years older and by far the oldest plant-like fossils