MADHYA PRADESH CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM TILL APRIL 2018
for mppsc mppcs prelims vyapam patwari mpsi mp si and other Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh sets record with plantation of 6 cr saplings in day
The Madhya Pradesh government has set a record of 6 cr saplings were planted in 24 districts of Narmada basin in just 12 hours.
- MP government has undertook a massive plantation drive on 2 July 2017 to save the environment and for the conservation of the Narmada
ii. The plantation drive that started from 7 am continued till 7 pm along the banks of the river covering 24 districts of the state.
- The arrangement for 3 Cr saplings was done by the forest department, while the remaining 3 Cr were provided by other departments and private
Foundation stone of country’s biggest Global Skill Park laid by Rajeev Pratap Shivraj Singh Chouhan in Bhopal
On July 3, 2017, Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Pratap Rudi and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of the India’s biggest Global Skill Park in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Other Dignitaries present at the ceremony: Former cricketer K Srikanth, Singapore Embassy’s Councellor Ajit Singh, Uttar Pradesh’s Minister of State for Skill Development (Independent Charge), Chetan Chouhan.
About Global Skill Park in Bhopal:
Global Skill Park will be constructed on 37 acre land allotted in Narela Shankari area of Bhopal.
- The park will be established with the support of Singapore’s Institute of Technical Education and Education Services (ITEES) with an estimated cost of Rs. 645 crore.
Health Ministry holds 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems
On July 6, 2017, Ms. Sumitra Mahajan – Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha inaugurated the 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems at Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Mr. Faggan Singh Kulaste and Ms. Anupriya Patel – Ministers of State for Health and Family Welfare and Mr. Rustam Singh, Health Minister (MP) were also present at the occasion.
· Highlights of 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems:
- During her address, Ms. SumitraMahajan mentioned that National Health Policy, 2017 is a landmark step as it commits to comprehensive primary healthcare, effective regulatory framework and best
· Awards Given to States/Union Territories by Health Ministry:
Madhya Pradesh’s school education department is going to start programmes such as
‘Hamari Shala Kaisi Ho’ and ‘Shala Siddhi Karyakram’ in all government schools of the state.
i. It aims to provide qualitative education to the government school students.
- The State Education Centre has also started Shala Siddhi Prohatsan Yojana under the programme in 25 thousand schools of the state to encourage best
- A time table has also been fixed for the award process going by the time table, the district core committees would be required to form block-level selection committees by 22nd
MP CM Chouhan launches RSS website
The Madhya Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the RSS website on 10th of July 2017.
- At a programmeorganized in Bhopal on 10th of July for the dedication of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh’sSewaPrabhag website “Sewagatha” has been
ii. It will highlight the good work done by citizens and the information about it will encourage people.
Vijaya Bank opens self-employment training institute in Indore
Vijaya Bank has disbursed loan sanction letters to beneficiaries who were trained at the Vijaya Bank Self Employment Training Institute (VIBSETI) in Bhenslay Village, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- VIBSETI trains youth for starting their own
- Kishore Sansi, Managing Director and CEO, Vijaya Bank, inaugurated the new premises recently.
- The bank has sponsored three VIBSETIs at Mandya and Haveri in Karnataka and Indore in Madhya Pradesh, where free residential training is provided to low-income groups/rural youth.
- So far, more than 50,000 candidates have been trained, 70 per cent of whom have set up their own micro
The New Development Bank approved $470 million loan for Madhya Pradesh’s Multi- Village Rural Drinking Water Supply Scheme Project
- The New Development Bank (NDB) of the five nations has approved $1.4 billion loans for sustainable development projects in China, India and Russia.
- For India, the bank has approved $470 million loan for Madhya Pradesh’s Multi-Village Rural Drinking Water Supply Scheme Project
Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme
On October 1, 2017, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan launched ‘Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme. Under this scheme, the money will go directly into the account of the beneficiaries.
‘Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme and “Shataayu Award” by Madhya Pradesh Government:
- ‘Single Click Pension Delivery’ scheme will benefit 35 lakh people in Madhya
- On October 1, 2017, Mr. Chouhan also honoured the elderly who completed the age of 100 years with the “Shataayu”
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister launches BhavantarBhugtanYojana
On October 16, 2017 Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the ambitious ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojna’ in the presence of the farmers at the Krishi Upaj Mandi in Khurai, Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh.
Under this scheme, farmers will be compensated the difference between Minimum Support Price (declared by Union Government) and the actual sale price or Model Price, whichever is higher.
- Currently, compensation under this scheme will be provided for 8 crops including oilseed and
- Registration is compulsory to avail benefits under this scheme. Besides, farmers are required to sell their crops only in mandis and obtain a receipt for the
· The difference amount will be deposited in the bank account within a period of 2 months.
Madhya Pradesh govt shelves plan to shift to Jan-Dec fiscal format
Madhya Pradesh State Government has shelved off its plan to switch to January-December financial year format from 2018.
i. In May 2017, Madhya Pradesh was the first state to announce that starting from 2018, it will switch to January-December financial from the existing April-March cycle.
- It was also announced that current fiscal works will be completed by December 2017 and next year’s budget will be presented by end of December 2017 or in beginning of January
- This decision by MP state government was inspired from PM NarednraModi’s speech at NITI Aayog’s governing council meet in April 2017, in which he mentioned that there have been suggestions to change the financial
1st community toilet for third gender inaugurated in Bhopal
On 2nd October 2017, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Mr.Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated a community toilet for third gender, in the Mangalwara area, Bhopal.
Madhya Pradesh tops in digital initiatives: Report by Coeus Age Consulting
As per a report by Coeus Age Consulting, Madhya Pradesh has emerged as the top state in terms of digital initiatives undertaken by State Government. Coeus Age Consulting is an organisation which provides consultancy services on various aspects of digital economy.
Digital Initiatives – Top 5 State
Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan to get LataMangeshkar Award
The very popular playback singers Alka Yagnikand Udit Narayan and the music composers Usha Khanna, Bappi Lahiri, Anu Malik and have been selected for the Madhya Pradesh state government’s prestigious National Lata Mangeshkar award
Naresh Kumar Gupta appointed as Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta
On 16th October 2017, the Madhya Pradesh government appointed Naresh Kumar Gupta as the Lokayukta (Ombudsman) of the state.
Congress MLA Ram Singh Yadav passes away
Mr. Ram Singh Yadav, Congress MLA of Shivpuri (Madhya Pradesh) passed away on 18thoct 2017 after a sudden heart attack.
- The 74 years old, was living with his wife and two
- He was also popularly known as “Dadaji” among his supporters, was also holding the post of Shivpuri District Congress president.
Madhya Pradesh launches Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana
Madhya Pradesh is the partner state of Manipur and Nagaland under ‘Ek Bharat- Shreshtha Bharat’ Yojana. Thus, Madhya Pradesh State Government has assigned the task of implementing this scheme to Higher Education Department of State.
- An 8-member team from Madhya Pradesh has already toured Manipur and Nagaland in this regard.
- It has been decided that Madhya Pradesh will participate in Manipur’s SangaiMahotsav from 21st – 30th November, 2017 and teams of Manipur and Nagaland will take part in Madhya Pradesh’s Lok Rang and Bal Rang
Madhya Pradesh passes bill awarding death for rape of girls aged 12 or less
On December 4, 2017, Madhya Pradesh State Assembly unanimously passed ‘DandVidhi (Madhya Pradesh Sanshodhan) Vidheyak, 2017’, a bill that proposes ‘hanged till death’ sentence for convicts of rape and gang-rape cases involving girls below 12 years of age. i. This bill is Madhya Pradesh State Government’s response to National Crime Records Bureau’s (NCRB’s) latest report which revealed that Madhya Pradesh recorded the highest number of rape cases in India.
- This bill was introduced in the house by Madhya Pradesh Law and Legislative Affairs Minister Rampal Singh.
Madhya Pradesh approves Rs 7546 crore Narmada, Parvati river linking project
Madhya Pradesh State Government has approved Rs 7546-crore project for linking Narmada River with Parvati River. This project aims to create irrigation facilities on two lakh hectares of agriculture land in Malwa region of Madhya Pradesh.
- Approval in this regard was given by Narmada Control Board (NCB), at a meeting chaired by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh
- The project is to be implemented in four phases, wherein each phase will create irrigation facilities on at least 50000 hectares of agricultural
Phase I, II of Ken-Betwa link project to be merged
Union Water Resources Ministry is planning to merge phase-I and II of Ken-Betwa inter- linking of rivers (ILR) project.
- This project aims to link the rivers Ken in Madhya Pradesh and Betwa in Uttar
Pradesh. Estimated cost for the first phase was Rs 18000 crore while second phase would cost Rs 8000 crore.
- Merging Phase – I and Phase – II is being considered on insistence of Madhya Pradesh State Government, which is one of the beneficiary state of this project. Other beneficiary state is Uttar Pradesh.
International herbal fair held in Bhopal
On 14th December 2017, the seven-day International Herbal Fair started in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Union Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the International herbal fair at the Lal Parade
- Delegations from Bhutan, Nepal, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and other countries are taking part in the fair. 300 stalls of rare herbs collected from various districts of Madhya Pradesh is put up in the fair